SJB Playgroup is an hour-long play session on school grounds aimed at pre-schoolers, their parents and grandparents. This playgroup is run by our School Principal, is free of charge and open to all.
There are many benefits to children attending a playgroup in their local area, and especially when it is possibly their future school.
- Provides a safe environment for social interaction.
- An opportunity for children to play and learn.
- Assists in language development and communication.
- Provides a space for meeting other local families with similar community values.
- Builds relationships with local and /or future school friends.
Our playgroup is held in our school hall or a classroom. On sunny days, it can be held in the quiet playground, near our bushtucker gardens. Your young ones will get to see “big” school in action, you may see the students pass by with their teachers on the way to library or sport lessons. It gives the children a sense of what is to come when they start school, it gives them that feeling of familiarity and safety.
If you would like to learn more about SJB Playgroup, please register here for regular communication of dates and times.